David got a small toy rabbit from his Mimi. He named it Funny Bunny and has told us that he has to take care of him because his dad got hit by a truck and his mom is on vacation. Sometimes David changes the story slightly and both of Funny Bunny's parents have been hit by a car. David is really into a few stuffed animals and making little beds for them and taking care of them, so I am trying not to let Funny Bunny's woes disturb me.
Drew has a book on the Canada Lynx that we have been reading him. He picks the book out for us to read to him but then starts staring really hard at the photographs asking if they eat people or if they would, "chew on his bones.". No Drew, they are probably afraid of humans and furthermore, you are much bigger. (A Canada Lynx is about thirty seven pounds, so Drew has a good five pounds on these cats.). Then, because he still looks a little sleepy and worried, and for good measure, I tell him that our German shepherd would never let anything hurt her little boys.
I sometimes imagine the worst too. For instance, Drew's asthma and allergies are pretty bad right now. The pollen alerts on the trees he is allergic too are on high. So, Drew is wheezy and sneezy. I have been so worried that his teachers would think he was sick even though I had explained to them the situation. Luckily, I have a few voices of reason too. I was obsessing over it and my cousin stopped me in my tracks. "Natalie, do you think Drew is the first preschooler they have had with seasonal allergies?! He is fine!"
1 comment:
Your cousin is right. :) But, then again, I live in the "wilds" and kids go to school with runny noses anyway, here.
I bet Rachel would love to make animal beds with David! We can bring some of her doll things?
Can't wait!
Love reading your posts so I know what is going on with you all!!!! Love ya!
Post a Comment