On Saturday morning Keith dropped me off at the mall to do some shopping. He had a long punch list of errands and told me to take my time. I had trouble believing he could get it all done with both boys in tow, but wished him luck. When I finally heard from him, he asked if I could, "hang out there for another thirty or forty minutes" and that he had to run home. He said he had bought something huge and awesome and that he had only made it to Sam's. But he added, it was a really, really good deal. When I finally pried what it was out of him after learning he had to go home since the back of the car was open, he told me that someone had returned "El Gaucho" and that after letting the boys drive up and down the frozen food aisles he decided it was a deal too good to pass up. If you know Keith, you know he is a sucker for "open box" items at Sam's. They mark them way down yet you usually still can get a warranty or new parts.
I used to swear that my kids would never have a motorized vehicle- I felt it was a great way to help your children become obese. However, the complete looks of joy on their faces make me glad that I married someone who will every once in a blue moon abandon all of his usual frugalness and practicality for a monster truck with faux red leather seats.
3 comments:
the boys look like they're on cloud nine! i can just picture keith with the two boys at sam's as they drive it down the aisles...so cute!
Don't knock the motorized vehicle. We have two that take up half our garage, but SO worth it. That one has seatbelts? Impressive
we are so there when we get home!
Post a Comment