Okay, so here is a bit of wisdom that I managed to glean from one of my professional development days a few years ago, "If you hate Mondays then you hate one seventh of your life." Actually that, and the fact that one of my coworkers kept talking about keeping up with teaching "prescriptions" in order to be professional (she meant subscriptions and my friend Summer and I thought it was really funny because it made her sound so not professional) are the only things I got from that inservice. Anyway, I think of this almost EVERY Monday!
It is not my easiest day of the week. For one thing, we hate to see Keith have to go off to work. For another, I have to get back in the swing of cooking dinner and there is usually a lot of laundry to catch up on. If David ever throws a fit, it is more likely to happen on a Monday.
Today, I am trying to keep positive. As a special treat, I dressed both boys identical. It's just so much fun to do that. I found a shirt for Drew that is exactly like David's in my hand-me-down box from my nephew (my mom must have bought them both at the same time.) And yes, David is wearing his Monday underwear. As I was dressing the boys (that's right folks, David can only dress his top half and only does so half of the time) Sesame Street's special guest caught my eye. It was LL Cool and he was talking to Oscar the Grouch. Their dialogue was actually pretty funny and it made me laugh out loud. Oh Oscar.
To add to the excitement, we went and saw my cousin and her little boy and she was busy making our Mimi's MEATBALLS! Although she has two hungry teenagers and a husband who all love them, she gave me several. They are not conducive to eating in the car, but I had two of them on the way home.
Then, we came home went on a wagon ride, played, had lunch, and half of my kids took a nice nap. (David didn't, but see how I said that positively?)
Although after today there will still be four more days until the weekend, at least there is always some small thing to make the day fun!
3 comments:
Mondays have never been my favorite...but now I like them even less for the same reason you mentioned...Troy having to go back to work. Then I just think, I have all week to try and entertain Camden and I until he's back home with us for the weekend. That's life I guess.
I kind of look forward to Mondays because we get back into a routine. The weekends are crazy and messy...so I usually get the kids ready for a walk, go to the grocery store, play a bit, lunch time, nap time, play time again, cook dinner, then Daddy is home...yah! However, everyday I have to get up before 8 is a struggle to get going...which is every day! Way to stay positive!
Thanks girls!!!
Post a Comment