Friday, November 5, 2010

Nightly Visitor

In case any one was wondering, Drew still wanders into our room at about one o'clock every morning and spends the rest of the night with us. He usually brings in his elephant pillow pet, blankey, and a stuffed animal. Which is funny because he isn't particularly attached to any of these in the daytime or at bedtime. One time he brought in all of these things, plus about three more animals and a jump rope. We laughed in the morning because apparently he had made several trips but neither Keith nor I woke for it.

David wanders in around seven in the morning and if Drew is asleep David watches him and tries to hug him awake. David knows he isn't supposed to wake him, but he can't help himself. The other day, David scooted really close and kissed him on the shoulder. Drew's eyes snapped open and he bellowed, "He wuvs my shoulder!" We're pretty sure he loves all of you Drew.

Occasionally, we are really lucky and David comes in earlier, snuggles in with Keith and falls back asleep. On those mornings everything is peaceful until one boy makes a really weird noise to test the waters and see if anyone else is awake. Whichever boy didn't make the noise usually then wakes and gives another dolphin/wolf/dinosaur call. They then proceed to make stupid noises for a good two minutes until Keith or I throw in the towel and go shower/make coffee/turn on the t.v. This may be the strangest alarm ever. I would say weird-noise-wake-up happens about three times a week.

This evening, Drew told me he was going to have a wacecar animal dinosaur party when he turns four. "Are you still going to sleep with us when you turn four Drew?"

"Well, maybe I'll sleep by myself when I am six. No, nine. Maybe ten."

My cousin slept on her parent's bedroom floor every night until she was like eight. I take the same stance as my aunt must have.

It doesn't bother me.

And Keith likes our little bedmate and says he will be very sad on the inevitable morning that Drew stops.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yeah, Connor is in our bed by 5:00-5:30 every morning, of course, the difference is, he asks to nurse right away! Colton hardly ever ends up in our bed, but, I'm pretty sure Connor will continue for awhile! Adam loves Connor waking him up by yelling "da-da" in his face. haha. I wonder what will happen when the new baby comes? A toddler and a baby in bed with us?!

Emily said...

I love this. Usually one of my kids ends up in bed with us. My mom CAN'T BELIEVE we let it go on (the HORROR!). But I'm like you: It doesn't bother me. I don't wake up and in the morning, they sleep longer so who cares.

Kayla said...

If Zane ever wakes up before we do, he comes to our bed and will just sleep longer. It's like 6-7 though, so we love it!